+12 Years of Experience
2022 - 2023Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Blended Professional Certificate: Chief Technology Officer
2010 - 2015Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica
Bachelor's degree, Information Systems Engineering
2010 - 2013Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica
Graduate Diploma, Software Development
2013Universidad de Costa Rica
Business Administration Fundamentals
Mar 2023 - PresentPangea Holdings
Chief Technology Officer & Co-founder
Mar 2022 - presentSoom, Inc
Director of Engineering
- Work with product, customer success, R&D, and sales teams to rapidly prototype new
solutions and create plans to scale those solutions to customers and partners.
- Architect and lead the development of new features in our SaaS platform, with a focus on
reusable, modular systems, scalable data processing, and graph algorithms.
- Develop infrastructure-as-code and maintain serverless cloud infrastructure.
- Lead development of products and features, including managing other team
members and communicating goals, deliverables, deadlines, metrics, and KPIs.
- Write clean, documented, maintainable code.
- Peer review code for adherence to Soom code quality standards and best practices
- Help maintain client SaaS deployments
- Deliberate with management, production, and marketing staff on the possible
requirements and procedures for a project.
- Organize and manage projects, making detailed plans that work towards the fulfillment of
a set objective.
- Examine technology, organizational resources, and the demands of the market in order to
plan or give procedures for projects which are practicable or possible.
- Direct, evaluate, and confirm product design and changes.
- Recruit, assign, direct, and evaluate employees, contracted engineers, and resources.
- Set scientific and technical goals with the aid of management.
- Consult or negotiate with clients to make arrangements for resources required for a project.
- Setup schemes or designs, and also elaborate reports and results to clients.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for the engineering and
technical work performed in the organization.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of staff abilities and suitability in the
- Direct the negotiation of research contracts and also prepare the company’s budget, bids,
- Perform administrative functions such as evaluating and writing reports, and approving
expenditures concerning projects.
Jun 2021 - Mar 2022Edify Software Consulting
- Support Technical Leads on design patterns, third-party integration and code reviews.
- Lead the software architecture for multiple projects.
- Turn new business requirements into a software solution.
- Document all technical processes.
- Hands-on coding and infrastructure.
Jan 2014 - Mar 2022Freelance Web Development
Freelance Software Engineer | Consultant
- Advise regarding software architecture.
- Web development: PHP, Node.js, React.js, Next.js,
- WordPress, Gatsby and others.
- Database design, modeling and administration: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
May 2019 - Jun 2021Hangar Worldwide
- Help improve our code quality through performing code reviews where applicable.
- Build new websites and other digital products.
- Oversee deployment of digital products.
- Stays current with front end and back end platforms and technologies.
- Architect new responsive and interactive websites and experiences
- Manage developers to integrate, debug and deploy production ready code.
- Accurately estimate hours and project time needs.
- Clearly communicate project status to senior leadership and clients (technical or business)
- Work closely with Product Owners to understand end-user requirements and translate them into effective technical solutions.
- Provide guidance and supervision to the project team.
May 2018 - May 2019Hangar Worldwide
Senior Back End Developer
- Architect, design and develop the back-end architecture, service tier and data tier components for applications.
- Build robust solutions on the back-end side and understand how to support and maintain them once they're live.
- Provide accurate time estimates for new projects or features.
- Create technical docs for projects.
- Defend the technical architecture of the projects.
- Perform code reviews and propose solutions.
- Work closely with other teams like Front-end,
- Mobile, Design, UX, QA and other internal and external Tech teams to ensure solutions and products meet client expectations.
- Learn and apply new technologies and determine their advantages and drawbacks.
Jun 2017 - May 2018Hangar Worldwide
Intermediate Back End Developer
- RESTful APIs development.
- Third parties integration.
- Linux server configuration via SSH.
- Github repository management.
- Deployments management with Jenkins.
- Amazon Web Services configuration.
- Back End Oversight
- Projects estimation.
Jul 2014 - Jun 2017Baum Digital
- Developing and integration of the CMS.
- Design, modeling and optimization of databases.
- Full Stack development.
- Third party integrations.
- Development of e-commerce solutions.
Feb 2011 - Dec 2011SEPUNA - Universidad Nacional de Costa Rica
IT Student Assistant / Jr. Information Systems Engineer
- Linux server management.
- Website management.
- Basic web programming.
- Technical support.